If you’ve watched a video by a popular Youtuber recently, you’ve probably seen the ubiquitous fairy lights strung around their rooms. Well, today we have a classic, rustic twist on that trend; hearts. If you want to add a little love to your walls, here’s a quick recipe for how to get that done.
You’ll Need: 5 heart-shaped wood pieces 3 inches wide, raffia, approximately 1 metre of 4 cm wide ribbon, five wooden beads, paint, and an 1/8 inch drill bit.
- Drill a small hole in top of each heart.
- Paint the hearts with your chosen colours of acrylic paint – maybe red and green for Christmas or pink and white for Valentine’s, or the recipient’s favourite colours for a birthday present. Tempera or spray paint could also work, if you’re feeling daring.
- Wait for the paint to dry.
- Thread the raffia through the holes in the hearts to tie the hearts together.
- Thread the beads onto the ends of the raffia and tie knots in the ends.
- Tie a bow above the string of hearts and trim the raffia ends if necessary.
Done! Let us know how you got on with your heartstrings, where you’re putting them up and why you think hearts are the best decorations since fairy lights.